Energy efficiency and your style preferences can always go hand in hand. This homeowner found inspiration in mid-century modern architecture and chose to build a new, energy-efficient house on an infill lot near downtown Dallas. .
Our team designed and constructed the home to incorporate passive solar design, advanced framing, spray foam insulation in the home’s envelope, and water- and resource-efficient materials. The home also features multiple outdoor living areas with retractable screens and a colorful interior finish-out inspired by the owner’s global travels.
The home scored Gold on the National Green Building Standard.
Features and Benefits
- Maximizes Energy and water efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Passive solar design
- Advanced framing + spray foam insulation
- 16 SEER air source heat pump with programmable thermostats
- Tankless water heater
- Optimizes space
- Urban infill lot
- Promotes indoor air quality/avoids common chemicals
- All low or no-VOC paints, stains, and adhesives
- Formaldehyde-free cabinets
- Non-toxic pest control
- Square Footage: 1,805
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2